Hey! can your Orbi’s Wi-Fi network goes offline? If yes, then there was some reasons like :-
- Weak internet signal
- Modem connectivity issue
- Outdated version of your orbi router, etc.
Here’s the complete process to troubleshoot this issue:-
- Check that the modem is connected to the through a hard wired connection i.e. it should be connected with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- If the internet service is available but the devices are unable to connect with the network, then may be there was a problem in settings of your Orbi router. So, to resolve it unplug the router’s power cable or adapter from the power source and plug it back after 30 seconds.
- After doing the above steps, if the problem remains then follow the steps below:-
- Make sure all the cables of your device are tight and secure.
- Ensure the orbi’s router firmware is updated.
- If the problem is not solved then, try to factory reset Orbi router. Following are the steps to reset router:
- Ensure the power LED light of router is ON.
- Press the “Reset” button ( given behind the orbi’s router ) for seven seconds and then release it. Take a pin or paper clip to press and release the reset button.
5. Try to renew the IP details for the network adaptor.
- Click once on the “Start” button followed by “Run” program.
- Type in “cmd” and press enter key or OK button.
- The command prompt window will open up . Then, type in “ipconfig/ release” and press down the enter key for once.
- Another command prompt will open up, there enter “ipconfig/renew” and press down the enter key for once.
- The device will start obtaining the IP address. Ensure that the IP address is appropriate except 169.254.x.x or 0.0.0.0
- Now, unplug the power from the computer as well as router. Now, wait for 20-30 seconds and then power on both the devices.
- Now, ensure the password being used to connect to network is correct and is in the required case sensitive format.
That’s all how users can troubleshoot orbi router’s wireless network issues. Hope you found it helpful in troubleshooting the offline network. In case the issue persists, then users may contact Orbi tech support team for advanced technical support.